Saturday, December 16, 2006

Saint Paul's Cathedral Choir

Many of you here may not know that I'm a fan of choral music (among others) and that I was a tenor for 4 years. However, I can't sing for nuts (or at least I believe I can't sing for nuts), my time with the Choir was more of a technical assistant; recordings, videos, you know... the works. Nonetheless, I still appreciate good choral music.

The quality of the sound recording in some of the videos doesn't do the splendid vocals any justice. Also, I find that somehow English accents tend to compliment choral music. Enjoy!

Here's a piece from Saint Paul's Cathedral Choir: For the Beauty of the Earth.

Here's another of Psalm 121 (English Psalm Chant)

Here's my favourite: The Lord Bless You & Keep You. This one's good, you can hear all the different parts in harmony.

This one's by the Choir of King's College, Cambridge: Ubi Caritas

New College Choir: Ave Verum Corpus

Here's a solo by Connor Burrowes of the Boy Air Choir (I think), London. One of the commenters (rightly?) pointed out that Connor pronounces 'requiem' in the same way it is pronounced in Gregorian Chant. If you ask me I think it's better than Charlotte Church's rendition of the same piece.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]