Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Fr. Anthony Bannon on High School (Minor) Seminaries:


When I was thinking of opening a high school seminary I asked an archbishop his opinion and he gave me this unexpected answer (everyone seemed to be closing their high school seminaries at the time). He said, "I went to a high school seminary myself and I don't regret it one bit, I may never have gotten to be a priest otherwise. High school seminaries when I was young were good things, today I think they are absolutely necessary!" He then went on to speak about his concern with the trend towards older vocations that was taking place at the time, "We don't get to know them well, there are things many don't seem to grasp, many come with baggage they could do without."

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]