Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Morning Mass

I've been awake since 0430hr this wet Wednesday Morning. My lack of shut eye was due firstly to the loud firing of rain drops against the old zinc roof, and secondly, the medicine I've been taking tends to cap my total sleeping hours at 5 hours.

Though it was raining, I decided to attend the 0615hr Mass at the Parish of the Holy Family. So with my Missal in one hand and my bright neon brolly in the other, I left for Church at 0600hr after saying the Morning Office or Lauds.

The Mass was celebrated by Rev. Fr. Ignatius Yeo, brother of Rev. Fr. Adrian Yeo of the Parish of the Risen Christ, Toa Payoh. This is the first time I assisted at a Mass celebrated by Fr. Ignatius Yeo.

Now, here's why I'm writing this post in the first place... Fr. Ignatius's celebrated the Mass so reverently and devoutly, that during the Final Doxology, ("through Him...... all glory and honour are yours......") I felt a Divine declaration, "Indeed this Mass has given Me ALL the glory and ALL the honour." Wow! I tried to keep my eyes transfixed on the Altar of Sacrifice as my hair stood and mind just began to pick up the essence of the message.

Perhaps it was of my own subconscious making but one thing is for sure, that Fr. Ignatius's celebrated the Mass with the highest reverence. The way he lifted his eyes to heaven, the way he changed his tone of voice according to the different parts of the Eucharistic Prayer, the way he bowed toward the host during the consecration, the manner in which he elevated the host and the chalice, et cetera...

Today, I can truly and proudly say that I've attended an authentic Novus Ordo Mass.

Let us pray that all priests will (re-)discover the sublime beauty of the Sacred Liturgy and make supreme effort to let glory's light radiate in the hearts of the faithful by celebrating Mass with reverence and in accordance with the guidelines stated in the Roman Missal.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
Congrats! I'll let you know when I attend my first reverent Novus Ordo... but I wouldn't hold my breath.. =)
 
Storm the heavens! ;)

I didn't expect a priest like Fr. Ig. to appear at my parish.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]