Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Singapore Pastoral Institute: Diploma in Sacred Scripture

Yesterday, I commenced my first lesson at the Singapore Pastoral Institute (SPI). The course I applied for is the third and last module of the Diploma course SPI offered some three years back. Lasting 12 sessions- 2 hours each-, this last module covers the Letter to the Hebrews as well as the Book of Revelation.

The course is conducted by local scripture scholar, Rev. Fr. Ambrose Vaz. It is no coincidence that Fr. Vaz,- brother of Msgr. Eugene Vaz- is the one of the Formators at St. Francis Xavier's Major Semionary.

Having missed part I and II, I'll not be receiving any certification for this course.

Below are some notes on the History/Background of the the Letter to the Hebrews and explaination of the Chapters 1 to 4. Enjoy!



Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
hehe, I'll stay with my trusty Haydock Douay Rheims.
 
I am also taking this, but in Penang, it has dragged on for four years now and I hope to complete the final module when the seminary opens in September. By the time I take the exams, it would have been close to 5 years.

I just took the exam on John's Gospel on Tuesday.

Soon, Deo volente, I'll be Andrew SSDip. Haha...how did you find the course?
 
PS...perhaps u can let me know what the exam question is when you're done =)
 
5 years? That's very long indeed... the one that's running here is in it's third and final year.

The course is very interesting. Fr. Vaz conducts it in a very casual manner with jokes inserted here and there.

The course is well attended; more than approx. 40 people. How is the turnout in Penang?
 
We had 120 ppl at the beginning but its now down to thirty something after 5 years which is not that bad an attrition rate.

When will you graduate the whole course?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]