Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sunday Reading Reflections

My renewed participation in a Scripture Sharing/Reflection group at the parish of the Holy Family with some good friends have prompted me to share my thoughts, reflections, and ideas- which I try to prepare before hand- here online. I truly appreaciate the new lectionary for it's abundant use of scripture- speard over 3 cycles for Sundays and 2 for weekdays. This has opened up wonderful riches contained in the holy word of God, When we begin to love the Word, we can see that it actually offers us deep spiritual insights that can be applied to both our physical and spiritual lives.

I must say that I am not academically trained in Sacred Scripture, therefore the interpretation of Sacred Scripture contained in these posts may not reflect what Holy Mother the Church has to say. Though I try to stick closely to the authorised commentaries and concordances, there are (and will be) times when some views may not reflect that of the Church.

I make mention of the above as I know (and accept the fact) that the final interpretation of all Sacred Scripture lies in the magisteral of the Church.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]