Sunday, December 31, 2006

Tabernacle becomes First-Aid Cabinet

I had a strong urge to check out the newly renovated St. Andrew's Anglican Cathedral after Holy Mass this morning. Standing from afar, I was glad to see that they had taken the television down from the Side Altar, in it's place now stood a large silver cross. Moving closer, I noticed that the tabernacle door was unlocked, being curious as to whether the Anglicans still stored 'consecrated' hosts in the tabernacle, I opened it......



















...... inside were some bottles of ointment. Obviously, the tabernacle had become a first-aid cabinet.



















Although I'm not suprised to see this take place in a non-Catholic Church, I wonder if one day, something similar will take place in the here- in the local Roman Catholic Church- because as reverence to the Blessed Sacrament declines, will the Catholic faithful here will cease to believe in the Real Presence, just like many Catholics in America?

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]