Thursday, February 8, 2007

Some Photos

Here are some of the photos that Andrew had requested for in this comment. I took them yesterday when I made a trip back home. The photo appears differently from the description in the 'Five Random Things Meme' as I did a little 'remodelling'.

Here's the Altar, as you can see, we're all ready for Lent.

Here's the hand-craved cross my dad bought while he was in Jerusalem.

Statue of our Lady. The grotto has been converted into a sitting area, thus Our Lady now stands besides the Altar.

Somebody abandoned this icon under the stairwell of Holy Family Parish.

Here's the same cross from Jerusalem. Hanging on it is a indulgenced Rosary of the late Pope John Paul, the Great.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Nice altar, especially that icon. But what's that beneath the altar crucifix?
 
Thanks. Nothing's beneath it... it sure isn't a tabernacle ;)

I stacked some glass bowls in order to elevate the Crucifix.
 
Thanks, Paul, for humouring me =)

Nice cross.

I really like the icon. Beautiful.
In my parish, we also see people leaving rosaries and holy pictures in Church. Perhaps they are Protestants who had Catholic family members who passed away.

Perhaps I'll do a post too =)
Now, where's my camera....
 
Without you I wouldn't have a reson for uploading these photos... So, thanks for the Meme! ;)
 
hmmm... I just realized I forgot to snap a photo of the Altar Crucifix.
 
Yes. Is it brass? Looks great!
Looking forward to a closeup =)

I'll probably post the first of my home altars, the Lady Altar, tmrw. I just took some photos just now and am waiting for tonight when I'll snap some photos after I pray Compline cos the candles for the Lady Altar will then be lit for the singing of the Salve Regina.
 
It sure looks like a picture of hosts? Or does the frame really contain hosts?
 
Picture of hosts? You reminded me of someone I met who stole hosts to have them laminated!!

Don't worry it's just a picture. ;)
 
lamanted Hosts??!!! Eek!

Andrew inspired me, so I'll share my photos too.

http://thecrescat.blogspot.com/2007/03/home-altar-tour.html

Very lovely altar you have. That is the kind of crucifix I have planned in mind for the future. My budget doesn't allow for it now. So I make due for the time being.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]